Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Cisco Shout Out (Rachel Young)

I have to agree with Melissa, Cisco has been GREAT so far. The weather here is heavenly which adds to the many benefits. Of our 3 internships (Korea, DC, and CA over the last 3 summers), this is definitely the best. Better job (he's actually busy), better home (clean and comfy), lots of things to do (though DC was fun too), and lots of parks (a must for a toddler). Overall, I can't sing enough of Cisco's/San Jose's praises. Of course there are things we didn't expect (like such an international area) but it's not a bad thing. There has to be some great Indian and Chinese restaurants in the area. We're just a little lonely for friends who speak English. Now that Melissa is here, we're going to have lots of fun.

So far we've made it over to San Francisco. It was, of course, foggy, but still cool. I really wanted to do the Alcatraz tour but the trolley ride came first.



t

We've been to the beach a couple of Saturdays because that's what you do in California. Most are about an hour away and a little too cold for my liking, but entertaining none-the-less. This picture was taken at Half Moon Bay, but we've also been to Manresa Beach near Santa Cruz.



Another must see has been the Redwoods. Muir Woods was beautiful and an easy hike for Ethan (2 years old). These trees are truly amazing.



With only 7 more weeks, we're going to have to cut out a few of our "to dos" for our stay here in San Jose. However, one is a must. I HAVE to see Wicked!!! I can't wait!!! 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. We lived in Mountain View for 2 1/2 years. This makes me miss the area so much! There is an amazing Indian restaurant in Mountain View called Amber http://www.amber-india.com/MtnView/home.htm. It's the best Indian food I have found so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy...thank you! We'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete