We are having a great time in Michigan. Eric is enjoying his internship I am enjoying not having to work this summer. My kids especially like this too!
St. Joseph's is a town of about 70,000 people right on the shores of Lake Michigan. It is also a big summer vacation place because we are about 100 miles east of Chicago. We are also about 40 mins from South Bend, Indiana. I was afraid that I would feel like I was in a really small town. But so far so good. It is fun that Chicago is pretty close. We went to the aquarium yesterday and the drive wasn't too bad.
The ward has been very welcoming. We have been enjoying going to the beach, the kids museum, just hanging out. We have spent a lot of our weekends road tripping. Eric got Friday and Monday off of Memorial Day weekend, so we drove to Kirtland and Palmyra.
Hope you all are having a great summer!
What a great place to be! My family had a reunion there a couple years back and everyone in the ward tried to talk Tim into getting a job at Whirlpool. It was so beautiful there though!
ReplyDelete