Sunday, July 4, 2010

Livin' it up in Cincy with P&G (Elizabeth Christensen)

Hello my fellow MBASA ladies! I hope you're all having a great summer. It's been fun to read the few updates and I'm finally getting around to posting about our happenings this summer. Mike is interning with Proctor & Gamble and we are in Cincinnati, OH. I feel like we're trying to make up for a really lame year of lots of work, one sick and pregnant mama, and not nearly enough play. So far, I think we're doing a great job! James and Mejkin Core are also in Cincy for the summer and we've had fun taking the kids to the zoo, a Reds game, and to the pool together. It's nice to have some fellow BYU MBA friends here with us. We've spent lots of our time this summer in the pool. The kids and I swim a lot during the week and we've enjoyed summer evenings with dinner and a swim.

Cincinnati is a very welcoming to a family lifestyle. There is so much to do in this area! We've gone to a lot of parks, farm, splash pad, zoo, berry picking, gardens, etc, yet I feel I still have a list of things we want to get to.

Mike and I have been swapping babysitting with some Purdue MBA interns and have enjoyed more date nights than we had all last year! We biked a beautiful trail, saw a movie, ate dinner without having to serve or clean up after anyone else. I was beginning to forget what that was like!

We rented a fully furnished apartment and I have to say that it's been wonderful! We paid a little more, but it was great to be able to show up and have most everything we needed already here. We started our internship early and so we're now in the last four week stretch before heading back to Provo (via Colorado for a family reunion!). It's been a great experience and we've had a really fun and carefree summer. We hope you're enjoying too!

No comments:

Post a Comment